Thursday, October 30, 2008

Arsenal 4 - 4 Tottenham

Ok first of all. What was that about? Yeah yeah, it was an extraordinary game packed with goals. Spectacular goals too. But having waking up at 4am to watch the game while constantly biting my nails, i have absolutely no idea how Tottenham Hotspurs can get away with a point and unbelievably stole 2 precious points from us.

Football can be full of high dramas at times. That's what makes it special. That's what makes millions and millions of football fans willing to sacrifice their sleep late at night just to tune in to the live football matches being played. Myself, is one perfect example. And so i woke up at 3.50am, went online and was immediately greeted by my two friends who are Spurs fans. I shall not reveal any names. And so the two spurs fans was going like 'Goodluck Arsenal, You are going down' and all that crap. And boy did they get a goal early on in the match out of absoultely nothing. And the two spurs fans were teasing me in an attempt to make me lose my confidence in the team i support. But i believed in my team and we put in an outstanding performace to go from 1-0 down, to 3-1 up. The two spurs fans had aleady quiten down at that point of time. Like as though having eggs being throwed at their faces. haha. I felt so much like teasing them back, but i remained humble and even motivated them. And what do i get in return? One unbelievably cheap goal was gifted to them. But my team managed to make it 4-2 in the end. And the match looks over. Till the 89th min, the unthinkable happened. In the dying moments of the game, another gift from the heavens was presented to them. And when the fourth and equalising goal came in, the two spurs fans were like awaken zombies, spamming and nudging my msn. Haha. It sure was a happening night.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not mad at all at those two spurs fans. I know you know who you are (: Infact, i am happy for them. Soccer is a game of passion. And its wonderful to come across people with lots of passion in the sport as much as i do. But still, i cannot believe how spurs managed to perform that great escape earlier this night. I am still trying to swallow it down my throat, and after reading the New Paper sports section today, it dosen't help at all. "Lucky Gunners stunned by Spurs fightback" made the headlines in the sports section. I really felt like calling the newspaper reporter who wrote that article up and ask him if whether he did actually watch the match or not. Perhaps he was watching a different match. lol cause no offence, but this time round, the lucky ones are Spurs. Watch the repeat telecast of the match and you'll see what i mean. Anyway, kudos to spurs for that wonderful 8 goal thriller, game of football. I sure enjoyed it, and even with all the passion and stake in football, its all about enjoying it in the end. haha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home